Your Personal Growth Plan
Eat healthy, be fit and be successful. So, why is it so hard for many of us to reach our goals.
It takes more than a strong will and a desire to be successful and reach our goals. What people are missing is a plan, the “what”, “how” and why”. Answering these three questions will get us across the finish line.
“Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.”
Step 1: Self-Awareness
Self-awareness is developed by Paying attention to four areas: mental health, spiritual health, physical health, and relationships.
Mental health: the quality of your thoughts and attitude
- Am I kind to myself and do I make healthy choices for myself?
- Do I reach out for help when I need it?
- Do I know how to calm myself down when I’m stressed?
Physical health: the way that you take care of your body
- Do I get enough physical exercise each day?
- Do I eat a balanced diet?
- Do I have a healthy sleep schedule?
Spiritual health: how you connect with your higher power
- Do you make time for prayer and meditation
- Do you help people in need
- Do you read spiritual literature and put it into practice for your own spiritual growth
Relationships: The quality of interactions with family, friends, partner, and colleagues
- Do I have reliable friends and people I can count on?
- Do I spend quality time with other people?
- Do I feel that my relationships with others (romantic or non-romantic) are healthy?
Step 2: Focus
Choose the areas that you feel excited or drawn to work on first. It’s important to only choose a few to work on at a time otherwise it will feel too overwhelming and you’ll lose motivation.
- Which areas do I want to work on first?
- Why do I want to work on these specific areas right now?
Step 3: Evaluate
Now that you’ve identified the areas you want to work on, evaluate where you’re at right now so you can brainstorm ways to improve. Repeat this process if you’re focusing on more than 1 area.
- What does this area of my life look like right now?
- What is missing or not working for me in this area?
- What would make me feel more fulfilled in this area?
Step 4: Create Your Plan
Next, create an outline of your Personal Growth Plan. Here’s what to include: